|Episode:||Watch the Trains Go By|
|Original Airdate:||February 01, 1969|
|Written by:||Laurence Marks|
|Directed by:||Bruce Bilson|
|Produced by:||Edward H. Feldman, William A. Calihan & Jerry London|
- Colonel Hogan - Bob Crane
- Corporal Louis LeBeau - Robert Clary
- Corporal Peter Newkirk - Richard Dawson
- Sergeant James Kinchloe - Ivan Dixon
- Sergeant Andrew Carter - Larry Hovis
Camp Personnel Edit
Guest Stars Edit
Story Notes Edit
- This is both the one hundred and eleventh episode of the series and the one hundredth and eleventh episode to be shown on television and is the nineteenth episode shown for the Fourth Season.
- An American prison is mentioned in the episode: Alcatraz.
- This is the first time our heroes have to break into Stalag 13, due to an unanticipated doubling of the perimeter guards by Klink.
Timeline Notes and Speculations Edit
- This episode takes place after Cupid Comes to Stalag 13 but before Casanova Klink. None of our heroes mentions Frau Linkmeyer's brief stint as Klink's secretary, so it has yet to happen. As such, it could have happened anytime between fall of 1942 and the fall of 1944. Given the behavior of our heroes - such as remaining in their uniforms while conducting a sabotage mission - a late date seems more likely.
- Klink: Those two men will be released over my dead body!
- Hogan: It's a deal!
- Klink: DIS... missed!
Klink tries to let Frau Linkmeyer down gently.
- Klink: I admire you very much. You're strong... forceful...
- Gertrude: Ja...
- Klink: And... uh... forceful and strong...
- Gertrude: Danke, Wilhelm...
- Klink: But for a wife I would like somebody weak and stupid.
- Gertrude: What?!
- Klink: Someone I can talk to.
- Watch the Trains Go By at TV.com
- Watch the Trains Go By at the Internet Movie Database
- Watch the Trains Go By episode capsule at Webstalag 13
- Hogan's Heroes Fanclub
- The Hofbrau
| Previous episode:|
My Favorite Prisoner
| Next episode:|
Klink's Old Flame